CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Newspaper games

After I was finished reading the paper on Sunday I left it on the floor in a nice neat pile and got up to find out what we coud eat for dinner. When I came back in the living room, it looked like a miniature bomb blew the paper up. Actually, My dear husband was playing, "Let's make angels in the newspaper." They (He and the 2 kids) had thrown every piece of the paper onto the floor and scattered them about. Then they decided to lay in the papers and try and make angels. Good times. The next news paper game they played was wad it all up and have a newspaper ball fight. Yes, very much like a snowball fight only a lot warmer and insde the living room. Then Ryan decided his favorite game would be to eat the newspaper. I don't think I ever thought I would say, "NO!! Don't eat the newspaper." not just once but many times in the space of 10 minutes. When I brought a trash bag in to clean up the mess they pllayed the last game; Newspaper basketball which meant mom was used as a backboard. Again, I say, "Good times!!!"

I shouldn't complain, right?
I never knew my husband to be such a creative man. And he kept both kids occupied and not killing each other for a whole 20 minutes. No one got hurt and the mess was a relatively easy one to clean up.

Such is life.

P.S. We took a friend home from church on Sunday and after he got out of the car Reese said, "That's incredible!!" about nothing in particular.
I don't know where she gets these things.

3 comments:

Libbie said...

Resse is incredible! We miss ya'll!!!

GMJ said...

Only 20 minutes?!?!?!?

jmabray said...

I can remeber when I was a small child I used to play newspaper games for hours. Sometimes all day on Saturdays. This went on until I learned to read and then I got caught up in the "funnies" and then later "Dick Tracy". Wow, Those WERE the good old days. What memories. Thats incredible!!!