CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Are you kidding me??

Last night as I was watching t.v. a warning came across the screen. Your county is under a severe winter storm warning. O.K. what does that mean? Well I found out today what that means. It means you will have more snow than you know what to do with. It means that there will be 1-2 inches of snow fall per hour for 12 hours straight. It means there will be no school and there will be no going anywhere. It means that we will all be going stir crazy and stuck in the house all day and probably the next 2 or 3 as well.
I woke up this morning and there was not a flake in the sky or on the ground. I went to get hot chocolate and by the time I got back to the house ( a totla of 20 minutes) the ground was covered and it was coming down hard. It was like a massive rain storm where everyones house would be flooded but it is frozen so it is snow and it is just staying on the ground, the cars, the trash cans, the firehydrants, the trees, you get the picture. Or maybe you don't. I will take some and show you.
Tomorrow.

I don't want to seem like all I do is complain but there was an article in the paper about how the pengiuns are the biggest attraction at the local zoo. The author said that they are not indigenous to the arctic but they are the only ones who don't complain about the cold weather here. So every one does it!!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Do we get pictures of the snow? or do we just have to wait till you come and see us to see them?

Anonymous said...

Wow Jody. Be thankful for small things. It never snows in Ft. Smith. I was a small child the last time I saw snow. I wish I could live in New York or at least somewhere where there is a change of seasons. Just Kidding. Nana.