CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

About the face...

The other day we decided to go to the zoo. We wanted to go to the zoo up in the Adirondack mountains (which are beautiful) but we decided that a 6 hour round trip was too long to spend a couple hours at the zoo. So we went to the zoo in Syracuse. It was a beautiful day and the kids were ready to go and we were going to go with our friends Cliff and Karla. We went over to their house to pick them up and Ryan ran out the back door and all of a sudden the driveway reached up and tripped him. He was right behind me when I walked out the door and all of a sudden he was laying face first in the pavement. He actually ate dirt. I picked him up and his mouth was full of rocks, dirt and grass clippings. Poor kid. He didn't really cry he just wanted his blankie. When I looked closer at him I noticed he had a huge egg on his head and he had a cut on his nose, and a bruise on his cheek. He also had a scrape on his lip and a small scrape on his chin. It looks like I beat my kid (again, no need to call CPS because I do not, I repeat, I DO NOT beat my child) The goose egg on his forehead was hidden by his hair until yesterday we went to get his hair cut and now you can really see it.

By the way, we miss Texas and the Texas pool. We had such a good time there!!

2 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

oooohhhh, poor Ryan! We need a pic of that one! After all that, he didn't even cry? That's one tough kid!

Sarah said...

poor kiddo! not fun-- the pool misses you too :D