CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sorry

I know I haven't really been good about blogging lately. I really haven't been doing anything but trying to finish up with school and it is finally really warming up here so I have been outside more. You never really know how much you like to be outside doing things until you can't have it and you miss it and winter is here for 5 1/2 months. I never thought of myself as a real summer person but having to be inside for almost half a year makes you think, "I really am a summer person. I miss the sun."

We have been trying to finish up school but it seems to be dragging on forever. We still have 2 full weeks of school before we are out but the next 2 weeks are full of everything. We have a family picnic, trips to the museum, field days, parent appreciation days, kindergarten preparation day (they get to visit a kindergarten class and eat lunch in the cafeteria) and a few other things. Then school will be out.

Other news: Grandma Judy is coming to visit. She will be here tonight and leaves next Wednesday. Reese ran into my room first thing this morning and it wasn't, "Good morning mom." or "I have to go pee" which is usually the case but it was, "Grandma Judy, Grandma Judy!!!" She also told me that she is NOT going to have a cranky day so she can play with grandma tonight.

I have started running. I know, brace yourselves, pick your jaws up off the floor and keep reading. I have been reading some blogs and I was looking at a lady who lost like 100 pounds in a year just by running and eating right. I don't need to lose weight but I am tired of felling tired all the time and being cranky. I also have a friend who runs a couple of times a week and she says it makes everything go smoother. I also have a couple of friends who started a running club. It is mostly for the kids but I think it is just awesome and a lot of the kids from school and the neighborhood are involved. I think it is great and I thought about the example I was setting for my kids and I wanted to do better. Thanks Kevin and Amy. I just know that I feel better when I exercise and since doing gymnastics is kind of out of the question I thought I would run. Those of you who know me and know I didn't even run when I was in shape because I hated it that much will be shocked to know that I actually enjoy it. The first day nearly killed me and I have only been running a mile but today was easy (almost) and I think that I will start to increase my distance. I have found a park really close to my house and it is beautiful and shaded by all the trees and it has a nice path that has the miles marked in 1/4s so I know exactly how far I have run.
Ryan is still here and he is saying more words everyday. I love to see the expressions on his face and the things he tries to say. He really has his own personality.

A lady at gymnastics told me yesterday that she can't believe how alike my kids look. I don't think they look that alike but what do I know.

I know that a post really isn't good without pictures but in typical Jody fashion I have forgotten my camera every time we do something or every time the kids does something goofy. But I will post pictures any way. Enjoy.



3 comments:

Libbie said...

These are old picturesof Reese, correct? GMJ is so excited about coming! We can't wait to see ya'll.

Lib

Amber Hooten said...

They do look alike. Good job on the runnng thing. I can't do it. I wish that I could. Maybe if I actually tried I could, but it is too stinkin' hot even when it is somewhat cooler at night and in the morning. I try to make it to the gym, but I am not much good at hat on a regular basis either.

Eric and Amy said...

Way to go Jody! I'm so impressed with the jogging! We had a family reunion in May and I always do a crash exercise routine to get myself ready for the swimsuit (I've kinda lost my motivation since we got back!). But we have a track by our house and I started jogging. It takes a few weeks to work up to it, but I was jogging between 4-5 miles. Yikes...that doesn't happen for me! And my energy just peaked. I haven't felt better! I longed to exercise....so NOT me! Eric even enjoyed the perks ;). Good luck and have fun with it! One of the best gifts we can give my kids is our own good health...I have to keep telling myself that ;)