CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I need some good news....

I am in need of some good news. I have been through the week from hell and it is only Thursday morning. Let me go through it for you...

...Sunday
Sunday was the primary program and we were supposed to be early to church. There is no big deal in that but it just seems when you can't get to church on time how are you going to get to church early? It is just stressful. Then on my way out the door I smashed my finger in it. OUCH!! It is all black and blue and I can bend it again but it still hurts. Then we get to church and Reese will not go to sit with her class on the stand. She threw a fit and made a scene and refused to go up there. Why does my child have to be painfully shy? And stubborn too? We did get her to go to class though so that was good. When we got home from church I walked downstairs and saw a mouse run across my kitchen cabinet. I screamed and made Golden go to Home Depot right then to get mouse traps. I can not live in a house with mice. Then we went to my moms for Sunday dinner, the typical thing for all family members living in the area. It was my birthday dinner and no one came. Not my two older brothers or their families. Not my younger sister and her family. No one. Except Jennifer and that's because she lives there. What a great day!!

Monday...
Golden got up and left at 4 Monday morning. I hate Mondays. Then I had to be in the house all day knowing there was a mouse in it. I was afraid to go into the kitchen and open a drawer or a cabinet. But things were still not that bad. When I picked Reese up from school we walked down to the park. We stayed out as long as we could. When we went home we had caught a mouse. It was on a mouse trap in the pantry. YEAH!!!! I couldn't make myself dispose of it so I called David Fisher and the saint that he is came over and disposed of it for me. Things are starting to look up.

Tuesday...
Tuesday was my birthday and I thought things were going better until I saw another mouse. He was in the living room just walking across the floor. Fun times. I called Golden and he called an exterminator. He came and placed a few more mouse traps and gave me a few pointers as to how they may be getting in. Oh and it was my birthday. It is hard to feel like a prisoner in your own home. When you can't even open the cabinets or the pantry in fear of seeing a mouse run at you.

Wednesday...
Got up and got Reese to school and decided to find out where the mice are coming from. Looked all around the house and found mouse droppings in every room of the house so we either have a very active mouse or we have a bigger problem than we know. After vacuuming the whole house and scrubbing everything down to prevent disease it was time to sit and eat lunch. It is hard to have to wash every dish when you pull it out of the cabinet before you can even eat. After school I get a phone call from the school and the Data clerk told me that we have to withdraw Reese from school. She has been in school for 3 and 1/2 weeks here so why didn't anyone tell me this earlier? And why did they have to do it over the phone. This is something that should have been done with a conference and not over the phone at the end of the day. After I came out of my shock and got my wits about me I tried to call the school back and of course no one answered their phones. I finally put calls into the school board and emails to the teacher and the principal and no one got back to me. How am I going to tell my 5 year old that even though she has been going to school for a year and a half now and she is half way through kindergarten that she will have to take the rest of the year off and do kindergarten again next year? How am I going to keep a child that can read already and loves school and wakes up every morning ready to go and runs to school away from it?

Oh and Golden is still out of town and I have had to deal with this all by myself. I told him last night on the phone that I would almost be ready to put up with another New York winter if it meant I didn't have to put up with this crap. Almost.

Do you see how come I need some good news. Anybody got any??

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, MAN! That sounds HORRID...all of it..I can't lie:(

The mouse would scare the heck out of me! We have traps all over our garage and catch them there all the time! We haven't had nay in the house.....yet....If we did I seriously think I would go INSANE I am so afraid of them:(

Why do you have to take Reese out of school? Maybe I read over that part but I don't understand? Is it b/c the school start dates are later in NY and when is her Birthday?

Libbie said...

Alex made the basketball team, good news ;) keep your chin up! it will work intself out!

Eric and Amy said...

Oh Jody!
1) Happy Birthday! Thanks for telling us early enough so we could actually wish you a happy birthday ;)...I guess if was really a good friend I'd have written the day on my calendar. Forgive me!
2) Holy crap...MICE??!! UGH!!! I'm with you on that one. Eric said he found a mouse in our garage when he opened the door one day. He said it was sitting right next to our door coming into our house. You know what that meant...I wouldn't open the door going into the garage for anything. The crappy diapers stayed in the house, the trash/recyclables stayed in the house, we stayed in the house. UGH! God bless exterminators...and D. Lee Fisher!
3) Poor Reese. So they are saying she has to wait until next year to start kindergarten? They aren't going to accept her starting in NY? What kind of crap is that? Is the case closed or can you still fight it? That is a load of crap. That should have been something they tell you when you enroll her, not after her routine's already been established! Shame on them! BUT, IF you have to take Reese out, Yeah, Hannah's friend is back for playdates!!!
4) Okay, good news? I think we've made progress in our home on that conversation we've been talking about...you know what I'm talking about? :) I know I'm confusing anyone else reading this :)...hopefully you get me Jody. No news, but talk is good.

Jeff said...

Sorry we weren't at dinner on Sunday night. I had to leave town to be in Houston first thing on Monday morning and Brynna got sick and was throwing up all afternoon and evening. Joh didn't want to bring her over and have her get anyone else sick. How can we make it up to you?

Kristie said...

I am so sorry! That does sound like a bad week!!! I hope that this weekend is better!!!

Sarah said...

jody-- good news!!! you've got a ton of friends in texas-- aren't you glad you're here despite the mice :D

Chrystalee said...

Why exactly does she need to be taken out of school? If she's on track, what's the problem???? I hope you are battling this one. The school board is full of well meaning idiots that sometimes need their heads wacked about! Can you tell, I'm frustrated with our school board also and am in the middle of a battle over my oldest son. ARGGGG!

Chrystalee said...

Good News - I resigned from the HOA and now have time to maybe clean the living room and do all the laundry in one day!!!! : )

The Fraser's said...

Well, know that you have friends in the Pacific Northwest that WISH they were in Texas to get you a good birthday present...good news, let' see - at least you live in a place where the sun is seen more than once a week! What else...although it is your birthday and you are a mom of two, you still look like a sophomore in college...what else...when you get create your own worlds in a millenia or two you can eliminate mice from the creature list! We love you - have a better week this week...the Frasers

shahna said...

Sounds like you are having to deal with a lotta CRAP at your house! (pun inended to bring on a smile). Why does Reese have to be pulled out of school? There are some great private kindergartens around. They aren't cheap but that might be a good solution. I am sorry you are having a hard week. This is where I would break out in song "The Sun'll come out..Tomorrow" if I were there!

Things to be thankful for:
1. mouse traps
2. friends who come to empty mouse traps
3. kids that are smart and want to got to school
4. Moms that make you a birthday dinner for you - mine doesn't.
5. Having a roof over your head in these tough economic times - even if you DO have to share it with a few mice. :O)