CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thank you all!!

Thank you to all who wrote to cheer me up. I needed it. Let's just say there were a fair amount of tears shed last week.

Now for the update. I think we have the mouse problem taken care of. We called an exterminator and he came over and put down some bait. He said it dehydrates the mice and they go else where looking for water. They start to come out of their hiding places because they are getting desperate and that is why I was seeing a whole bunch all of a sudden. Then on Friday another guy came over and sealed up the house for us. He put wire mesh in the weep holes that were too big and he sealed up the garage pretty good. He also sealed a whole in the wall of the garage which is where he thinks they were getting in to the walls and finding their way to the kitchen where there is a massive hole under the sink. So I think they are gone for good. I haven't seen any new droppings around the house in the last few days.

In the mean time I have been washing every dish in my entire house. I have been to walmart a few times to replace a few of the appliances that were under the cabinet and had mouse droppings in them and couldn't be sterilized in the dishwasher. I have cleared out every cabinet and drawer and vacuumed it out and then wiped it out with Clorox. I hope that gets rid of any and all germs lurking where mice had been.

As for Reese and the school thing we talked to just about everyone we could talk to. We called the Texas Education Agency and found out from the director of school governance (the lady who has the final say on all laws governing public schools in Texas) that the school district is right. Because of when her birthday is (October) she meets the cut off for New York which is in December and misses it for Texas. If she had finished kindergarten she would be allowed to start first grade but since she didn't finish she has to leave. I also saw a lady on the FAQ section that said they just moved from Arizona and there is only 6 weeks left of school and her daughter couldn't finish kindergarten either. It is a bummer but we will get over it. The bright side is that she will graduate from high school when she is 18 and not 17. The other thing I was thinking about is that she can have the whole winter and spring to do things we couldn't do in New York because those things weren't available. It is going to all work out for the best. I have that much faith.

Now on to Thanksgiving. I need to finish a few loads of dishes and finish cleaning the bathrooms so I can have my family over. At least I don't have to make the whole meal. I am doing the turkey and I am buying it already cooked. I deserve to cheat this year. Besides, it always turns out better when I don't cook. I will make dessert and be done with it.

It was brought to my attention that we no longer live in New York so things must be changed, Thank you Andrea.

Again, Thank you all for your words of encouragement. They were greatly needed this past week.

Oh one more thing. Reese asked me where Daddy was and I told her that he is on his way home. She said, "But where is he?" and I told her that he is in Longview. She said, "Longview? What, do they have lots and lots and lots of things that they want you to see? Is that why it's called Long View?" She is so insightful!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, I need to start reading blogs more frequently! Soo sorry you've had quite the trial lately. Glad things are on the up.
My parents have bad mice problems @ their shop. They bought these traps from lowes or home depot that electrocute the rodents & flash a light to let you know when one is dead. It's worked very well for them. However it sounds like you have it under control.

Chris said...

Ohhh, also I absolutely love your family portrait!