CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

If you have never been, GO!!

In the last year and a half I have had the opportunity to go to Palmyra no less than 8 times. I have been able to walk through the sacred grove and to see where Joseph Smith and his family lived and worked. I have been able to see the hill Cumorah and the pageant that takes place there. How appropriate that I have been able to do this and had the wonderful gift of teaching the lessons from the Joseph Smith book in Relief Society. I am truly grateful to my Heavenly Father for this blessing. It amazes me that He knows just what we need and when we need it and then He finds a way to give it to us. Especially when we are humbled enough to get down on our knees and ask for it. Just another reminder of He knows what is best for us and we need not question it. I am grateful to Him for the opportunity to live in New York and to have my testimony strengthened this last 18 months.

The kids enjoying The Hill Cumorah

Running into the Sacred Grove


The Whitmer Farm House


The frame house on the Smith property


The visitors center

The chapel and visitors center at the Whitmer farm


In the Sacred Grove


Emma's parents grave markers


Josiah Stowell's house


The Aaronic Priesthood Restoration site on the Susquehanna River

1 comments:

Meg said...

I remember going to the Hill Cumorah when I was younger. I remember walking through the Sacred Grove. It was all wonderful, and I agree with you, if anyone has the chanve to go it is a wonderful place to go.
The pageant is fun as well:)