CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

What???

OK so I am a big dork. Either that or I have been out of it longer than I know. This weekend is Easter. On the school calendar they hand out at the beginning of the year there is a break this weekend. I knew that. There are lots of Catholic people here so there is no school and most of the businesses in town are shut down for Good Friday and there are lots of people going to church. I knew that. I also was aware that there is no school on Monday (I am not sure why). So I scheduled a haircut appointment for Thursday thinking that Golden could come home and work for a few hours while Reese was at school and Ryan was down for a nap.
So we wake up on Thursday and I get the kids all fed and dressed, do another load of laundry get Reese ready for school and then get myself ready to go get my haircut. Golden comes home and I leave. All he had to do was put Reese on the bus that stops outside our front door and put Ryan down for a nap. I get a text message about 30 minutes after I walk out the door that says, "No school today." What??? There is no snow on the ground and I had not heard that they were going to cancel school. So I called Golden at home and he said that they waited for the bus and when it was 15 minutes late he called Amy, (the girl who lives across the street that has a pre-school student also) and asked her if he missed the bus. She said, "Uh- NO!! There is no school today." When Golden called me and told me that I felt like the biggest dork and Reese was disappointed that she got all ready to go and couldn't even go.

I am sorry Reese!! I guess I need some help with my memory.

1 comments:

natasha said...

that would so happen to me! glad you guys are feeling better though and that on easter you aren't getting pounded by snow!